Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thoughts of being home with Annaka 4 months

I can hardly believe Annaka has been with us for 4 months already. Sometimes it feels like she has been with us all her life and other times I feel like everything she does is new to me. While we waited for her we were so excited, we couldn't wait to get her home with us. I can honestly say it has been the best thing we ever did. I remember family and friends voicing concerns about the adoption. Wondering if Scott and I would have our hands to full with other things. Those of you who know us know what I am talking about. I never wanted to not adopt, I felt like it was like a pregnancy and I would never abort a baby because of another child. I knew we had enough love for all of them and I also knew that we are a good family with lots of good things to offer her. Now that Annaka is here we are so happy that we stuck with it. I look at her and I can not believe we traveled around the world to get her. Sometimes it makes me get teary eyed. We are so lucky to have been given this chance to have one more time to enjoy all the things little kids do. I realized how quick my children grew up and to get to do it one more time is a blessing. She to will be a big girl soon enough. But for now we enjoy the little things. Like the smiles, the hugs, the need to have us by her all the time, the way she hangs on our pants to get us to pick her up, the way she has learned that we are not going to leave her.. I love the way she loves Ally and Andrew, and treats both of them totally different.
She has started to say hi, so cute! She says MaMa, DaDa, baba, nana for banana, bye-bye. Yesterday on the way home form daycare we were going back and forth saying things.
Daycare, she is doing really good. When I first starting bringing her to Judy's she would cry when I gave her to Judy. Since last week she doesn't cry anymore when I hand her to Judy in the morning. And, she says bye-bye to Judy when I pick her up. I can tell she is doing really good there and getting more secure with Judy and the daycare children. Thanks, Judy for taking such good care of her.
So, we have made it this far. I cant imagine what 1 year will bring. Last year at this time she was a dream in my heart. Now I can hug and kiss her. Speaking of hugging her she is waking up to start her day. Better go get her~

3 comments:

keith ruport said...

We love having Annaka at daycare. She reminds me so MUCH of Tara when she was one. Tara has filled up our life as I'm sure Annaka has yours. Enjoy every minute because before you know it she will be graduating from college like Tara.

Judy

Anonymous said...

you are a wonderful mama!! you can see the love that annaka has for you when she looks at you :)

Anonymous said...

This is the 3rd time I have wrote this; why is it not going through? *Good job Heather* - you wrote a nice note about life with that sweetheart - Annaka.
Annaka has made such a difference in this family - she is loved so much and Ally/Andrew think she is a hit with each new thing she learns. Her parents are enjoying each new accomplishment as life was so busy with the other children; plus building their home...they treasure each moment!!!
What a blessing Annaka has been - also her best friend Laney is so sweet. Glad they can grow up together; they have made their parents so happy and are such lucky little girls. What a Blessing!

Pa-pa and Na-na