Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The dreaded question

Today at work I was asked what day we will bring home Annaka. I get asked this a lot. I know people dont understand the process of adoption.
I tried to explain that China is continuing to be slow at referrals. Every month goes by I think maybe we are closer. But when the end of the month comes and the referrals come out we are not much closer to getting her picture than we were the month before. I know that time is going by and we are really getting closer. No matter how long we have to wait, we will wait. No matter what other changes China takes us through we will continue to talk about Annaka and think about the day she joins our family.
I think maybe by Christmas we will have her. I thought she would be home this summer. I thought she would be home by Halloween this year. No matter what we cant wait to get Annaka home.

No comments: