Friday, August 18, 2006

Passing the time


We have been so busy this last week that it is a nice way to pass the time as we wait for Annaka.
Scott's cousin, Wade came up with his wife, Paula and 3 children. This is a picture of the kids all together. Michael is the in the back and from left to right are Aly, Andrew, Nathan and Levi and of course Russell had to be in the picture. They live in Missouri. It was a nice visit. We hadn't seen each other in over 5 years. Time sure flies when you have children.
Ally went to her first Girl Scout camp this week. She stayed 2 nights. She had a great time. She says the best thing about camp was the dog "Bear". Imagine that of all the things to do at camp she likes the dog best... Her and her best friend, Gretchen went together.
The adoption stuff is about the same spot it was last time I wrote. China is still slow as ever with referrals. There are rumors that we will not get our referral until November and then would hopefully travel in January. I don't know what to think anymore. I returned an outfit I had purchased for Annaka when I thought we would be getting the referral in September. I am just tired of thinking maybe its only 2 months when it seems like it gets longer and longer. When I read the other blogs it seems like everyone is in the boat. We are all tired of waiting for our daughters to come home. I know when she is here and I will look back and say, why did I let it bother me, but until she is home it will.

No comments: