Monday, December 11, 2006

One week ago..


One week ago we got the phone call. I still can't believe we actually received our referral. We were not supposed to get it. The CCAA had said the cut off date was September 8th. I was bummed, but it was going to be only one more month. Now that I have Annaka's picture I cant imagine tyring to wait one more month. It is amazing how bonded you can feel with a picture. I think part of that is because we have worked so hard to get to this point and waited so long. She was worth every day of waiting.
We hope to hear this week about our travel. I am so anxious to hear when we will be going to get her. I dread the plane ride but I will grin and bear it since the end result is taking Annaka home.

This is the picture that came attached to Annaka's health information. She is sooooo cute!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is so cute.
That makes picture makes just want to scoop her up in my arms.
I am happy for you.
Go get her : )