Friday, December 08, 2006

What a week...

This has been such a exciting week. We were so surprised to receive our referral. Annaka is beautiful. She is 10 1/2 months old and weighs around 16 pounds.
We hope to travel in January to get her.
Ally and Andrew were so happy when I showed them Annaka's picture. They knew exactly what I was going to show them when I said I had a surprise. I tried to record them seeing her for the first time but I forgot to push "record"...
We also got Annaks's health information, she is healthy. She weighed 14.5 pounds on Oct. 10th. So I am figuring she weighs around 16 pounds right now. Her birthday is January 20th which is the same date of Laney our best friends that are also adopting and received their referral.
I have done a little shopping, I bought my first outfit at Gymboree. That store is dangerous, I don't think I will be going in there to often.
We are starting to get ready for Annaka's arrival. I can not stop thinking about her and wondering what she will be like. I carry her picture everywhere. Life feels like it is flying by with birhthday parties, christmas and planning for Annaka. I dont mind though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heather and Scott! What a beautiful little girl. We can't wait to meet her.