Friday, March 16, 2007

Chicken Pox???




Well, the latest in our household is that Annaka has chicken pox. I took her to the doctor yesterday because she had a very strange looking rash, well to my surprise it is chicken pox.
I still have my doubts, but I do think it probably is. The thing is she hasn't gotten a fever yet or really had much more bumps appear. I talked to one of my friends who is a nurse and she said sometimes children can get a reaction to the chicken pox vaccination. Annaka had her chicken pox shot on Tuesday, but the amount of pox that she has is to many for only a reaction to the shot.
Today Scott and I were supposed to bring her up to the Twin Cities for her post placement meeting but we had to reschedule. We will have to see how she does this weekend. hopefully she wont get much worse but I think that's wishful thinking.
Had to write to tell everyone that I took Annaka in for a second opinion. It just didn't make sense to me, because we were not seeing anymore spots develop or a fever. Turns out she has "folliculitis" it is a inflammation of the hair folicle. She also has a boil, which is pretty big. He put her on a oral antibiotic for 10 days. I am so glad that I brought her back. This makes so much more sense to Scott and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well honey, dont worry!! our girls can be bumpy and rashy together :)

Anonymous said...

don't worry girls i think that bird has the " bird flu " hahah just kidding. love ya girls lets get together for another play date!