Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Forever Friend

This was a hard week for me, on Tuesday I had to let my cat, Echo go to Heaven. He would have been 20 years old on April 2nd. Its hard to imagine I will not touch, see or hold him again. I know he is in a better place, he can run, jump and play like he did when he was young.

I found this poem and thought I would share it. Thank-you to everyone who was there for me. Thank-you for all the cards I recieved and for all the comfort everyone showed me. But most of all thank-you Echo for being such a special part of my life. I will never ever forget you.


They will not go quietly
the cats who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survive.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a meow at the door.
Or step back when we drop a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new
friends and a new dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts belongs to them
and always will....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Echo was so special...he had the cutest nose and peaked to look at the birds out the window...'LOVED' watching the birds. He was also a very good mouser.

He will be missed by all of us!
Pa-pa and Na-na