Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's Time

We are ready!!! Suitcases packed, backpacks ready, documents are all ready to go.
We have had so many well wishes and we really appreciate everyone's support through out this journey (even our TIKI friends who at times thought we were making the whole thing up!).It has been an up and down road. We never expected it to take this long. Ally was 6 and Andrew was 4 when we started our journey. Ally is now 9 and Andrew 7. I think they are great ages to be big sister and brother. That is the one thing I am really looking forward to. We have had some tears from Ally tonight about leaving, but I think they will be okay. Between school, dance, church and having Grama and Grampa here time will pass quickly.
Raina and Michon are ready to go and I thank God we get to experience this with our best friends. Not to many people get to have a journey that they get to have there buddies with them the whole way through. Annaka and Laney will continue to see each other after the plane lands and we go home. That is really something special.
So, this is it... 2 1/2 years later we are finally ready to go get our daughter.. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! I will try to post from Tokyo tomorrow night but if I can't we will post as soon as we can. Love, Heather and Scott

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a safe flight. If your nerves get out of hand, youll have to take some of Raina's meds :) Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a SAFE trip...
But you/Raina behave yourself. No pushing each other on the carts that carry the food...that was in your teen years at the nursing home. I know you two will have a blast laughing/crying...we can just hear you. Glad that Scott/Michon will be the rocks to keep you two grounded. Scott be sure that you take care of the batteries/camera/computer. No excuse that something is not charged or working.
Have Fun!
Papa and Na-na

Anonymous said...

I stopped by this AM, but you were already gone! I'll be watching your blog constantly, waiting for any updates, news, pics, etc!
lots of prayers and love,
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

It's 3:30 a.m. and I'm at work, wondering if you guys are awake too- hopefully you're getting some sleep, but I'm sure you're so darn excited it's probably been hard to even shut you're eyes. I hope things are going smoothly so far, I've been thinking about you all night and can't wait to get a update from you. I'll probably be going into Heather withdrawal sometime soon because I won't be able to talk to you on the phone for 11 days!! It's great to know you are getting closer and closer to holding Annika in your arms. We all know it won't take you long to take her socks off and check out her toes-
Love you, Stacey